Starting a new job with us?

Check if you have all the essential documents!


Are you currently living or planning to move to the Netherlands and are looking for a new job?

Or maybe you’re just not sure what documents you will need to sign a contract with an employment agency?

Prepare all necessary documents to quickly and efficiently go through the recruitment process.

Passport/id card

Confirm your identity with a valid passport (or ID card)

Contact details

We need all the basic contact info:
– Address
– Phone number
– Email address
– Residency permit
– A valid residence permit stating that you can legally work in the Netherlands.


If you have a nationality of an EU country, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you don’t need to have a visa/residence permit or work permit. This is known as the freedom of movement of workers.

The rest of the nationalities do need to have both residence permit and work permit to be able to work in the Netherlands with the exception graduates from Dutch research Universities and Universities of Applied Science (HBO). Due to the new job-seeking year regulation for international students from outside the EU/EEA who have completed a degree in the Netherlands. They can remain in the Netherlands for an additional year to look for a permanent position as highly skilled professionals. During the search year, they require no permit for working in the Netherlands.


Everybody who works in the Netherlands must take out health insurance with an insurance company. You must also pay the health insurance premium yourself.

You must take out this insurance for yourself even if you will only be working temporarily in the Netherlands.

Insurance is obligatory – you don’t have one yet? No problem. We can help you with that!

Bank account number

So that we can pay you. No Dutch bank account yet? With the  SWIFT number we will transfer it to the bank in your country.

BSN number

(sofi) – the citizen service number – You don’t have it yet? We can help you with making an appointment.


You are not allowed to work in the Netherlands without Citizen Service Number (BSN, Burgerservicenummer). This is a unique identification number for your contacts with the state. You will get your Citizen Service Number when you register with a Dutch municipality.

If you are not registered with a Dutch municipality and you cannot get a BSN, you can use a so-called ‘sofi number’ (an abbreviation of social-fiscal number), which you will get from the Tax and Customs Administration.

For more information go the site of the Tax Services. (The site is available in Dutch.)